Page 1 of 1
125 Sound & Crack Adhesive^
125 Sound & Crack Adhesive is a superior crack prevention and sound isolation adhesive mortar. Independently tested to ANSI A118.12 specification for crack isolation for ceramic tile and stone installations and independently tested to ASTM E2179 and ASTM E492 for impact sound isolation. 125 Sound & Crack Adhesive is a single component adhesive mortar which takes the place of costly time consuming membrane or mat systems by allowing for faster, more effective tile or stone installations.
^ United States Invention Patent No.: 6784229 (and other Patents)
- Prevents transmission of cracks from the approved substrates to the tile or stone finish when subjected to horizontal in plane movement of cracks up to 1/8" (3 mm) under normal usage.
- Single component, just add water
- Contains 33% post consumer recycled materials
- Superior workability—equipped with lightweight technology
- GREENGUARD certified, LEED compliant
- Reinforced with Kevlar®
- Equipped with Microban®
- "Extra Heavy" as per ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test - TCNA
HYDRO BAN is a thin, load bearing waterproofing/crack isolation membrane that DOES NOT require the use of fabric in the field, coves or corners. HYDRO BAN is a single component self curing liquid rubber polymer that forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane. HYDRO BAN bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates.
- Allow for flood testing in 2 hours at 70°F (21°C) or higher¥
- Does not require the use of fabric.*
- Bonds directly to metal, PVC and ABS plumbing fixtures only
- Thin; only 0.020–0.030" (0.5–0.8 mm) thick when cured
- Changes in color from a light sage to an olive green when cured
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8" (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per TCNA performance levels (RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test)
- Exceeds ANSI A118.10 and A118.12
- IAPMO approved
- Contains Microban® antimicrobial product protection
- Rapid drying for a faster time to tile
- Lighter color for ease of inspection
- Safe—no solvents and non-flammable
- Install tile, brick and stone directly onto membrane
* For gaps 1/8" (3 mm) or less see DS 663.5 for complete instructions
¥ Refer to cautions section for more information on curing
Blue 92 Anti-Fracture Membrane
Blue 92 Anti-Fracture Membrane is a two–part system consisting of a liquid rubber and reinforcing fabric. When cured, it forms a highly flexible membrane. While the thin bed method of tile installation provides many advantages, this method can be affected by problems with shrinkage cracking in concrete and other types of substrates. Cracks can telegraph through the tile and/or grout joints. To reduce or eliminate cracks in tile work, a flexible membrane should be applied to the cracked substrate prior to the installations of ceramic tile, marble and stone.
- Reduces crack transmission in ceramic tile, thin brick, marble and stone installed using thin-set method. Also ideal for use under cement based or resin Terrazzo.
- Inhibits the growth of stain causing mold and mildew with Microban® antimicrobial protection.
- Thin—adds no appreciable thickness to floor construction; install tile with LATICRETE Polymer Fortified Thin-Set Mortar directly to cured membrane.
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per TCNA performance levels (RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test).
- Easy to Apply—goes on quickly with paint brush or roller; no mixing or special equipment required.
- Fast Cure—dries in a few hours to receive finished surfacing.
- Easy Cleanup—cleans with water while fresh.
- Safe—no solvents or harsh fumes, non-flammable.
Crack Suppression Kit
Crack Suppression Kit consists of liquid rubber and reinforcing fabric packaged for convenient individual treatment of substrate cracks. When cured, it forms a highly flexible membrane that reduces or eliminates crack transmission in tile or stone work.
- Reduces crack transmission in ceramic tile, thin brick and stone.
- Contains Microban® anti-microbial protection to inhibit the growth of stain causing mold and mildew in the membrane.
- Thin — adds no appreciable thickness to floor construction: install tile with a LATICRETE Latex Thin-Set Mortar directly to cured membrane.
- Easy to Apply — goes on quickly with paint brush or roller — no mixing or special equipment required.
- Fast Cure—ready in a few hours to receive ceramic tile and stone.
- Easy Cleanup—cleans with water while fresh.
- Safe — no solvents or harsh fumes, non-flammable.
- "Extra Heavy Service" rating per TCNA performance levels
(RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test).
Page 1 of 1
How to fix flooring substrate cracks and fractures.
The perfect preparation for cracked and damaged subflooring.
Effective means of reducing crack transmission to ceramic tile from damaged subfloor/substrate.
LATICRETE crack suppression products and kits offer unparalleled performance and ease of use. The development team at LATICRETE has delivered a stunning array of products and has allowed LATICRETE to proudly lead the tile industry for over fifty years. LATICRETE offers a line of anti-fracture and crack-suppression products which are another example of unmatched product development and industry-leading technology. Cracked tile is an eyesore and typically becomes the focal point of an otherwise flawless flooring application. Proper floor preparation is essential to avoiding cracked tile. A level and flat subfloor is one of the most important elements in creating a quality finished floor regardless of final floor covering. Cracks or damage in a subfloor or substrate are easily transmitted to the final floor covering—especially ceramic tile.
The experts at LATICRETE have developed a quick and effective solution to crack transmission from damaged or non-pristine substrates. Unlike competitor’s products that mask traditional, non-flexible cement thin-sets as crack suppression mortars, only LATICRETE anti-fracture and crack-suppression products offer proven, time-tested performance.
Only LATICRETE anti-fracture and crack-suppression products allow you to lower labor costs and reduce installation time. LATICRETE anti-fracture and crack-suppression products boast highly sought features including; are easy to install, have no odors, clean up with water, and meet ANSI A118.12. What’s more, most LATICRETE anti-fracture and crack-suppression products are GREEENGUARD Certified so you can breathe easy knowing that they meet appropriate indoor air quality standards for volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Whether your installation calls for the spot treatment of substrate cracks or damage, or a need for a highly-flexible, full-coverage membrane to reduce crack transmission from the substrate to finished floor, LATICRETE has the right product for you. Adding anti-fracture protection to your floors has never been so fast, easy, and economical.